Lucensium Oratio Luculentissima Pont. Maximo Alexandro Sexto per Nicolaum Tygrinu[m] Lucensem Vtriusq]ue] Iuris
by Tygrinus or Nicolaus Tegrinus or Tegrini
- See description
PRINCETON, Massachusetts, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
CF Bühler, The Earliest Editions of the "Oratio" (1492) by Nicolaus Tygrinus (in: Gutenberg JB 1975, pp. 97-99)"
Goff T563; HC 15751*; Pell Ms 10972; CIBN T-51; Nice 209; IGI 9670; IBE 5542; BMC IV 137;
United States of America
Baltimore MD, The Walters Art Museum Library
Bryn Mawr College, Goodhart Medieval Library
Library of Congress, Rare Books Division
New York, Columbia University, Butler Library
San Marino CA, Huntington Library
Southern Methodist Univ., Bridwell Library
Southern Methodist Univ., de Golyer Library
New Haven CT, Yale University, Beinecke Library
Andreas Freitag and most of the of other Roman printers of note, Have Gernan names which might indicate German birth and education. This conclusion is warranted by their occasional use of Gothic types for devotional books of inferior size. A few unnamed Italians were connected with these early printing houses, but mainly as patrons or money-lenders. They did not desire to have their names appear as partners. Freitag printed one book at Gaeta dated 1487, then he turns up in Rome in 1492 and seems to have been still printing 1495. Quarto, A4. 7¾ x 5 inches First Edition (see below). This copy is bound in lBound in a vellum printed leaf bay Jenson 1497T. Ex-libris Walter Goldwater.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- James Gray Bookseller (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Lucensium Oratio Luculentissima Pont. Maximo Alexandro Sexto per Nicolaum Tygrinu[m] Lucensem Vtriusq]ue] Iuris
- Tygrinus or Nicolaus Tegrinus or Tegrini
- Later black roan & gray boards, spine letters gilt.Binding slightly worn, first leaf lightly soiled. Ex-libris Walter Goldwater
- Book Condition
- Quantity Available
- [Andreas Freitag],15 October 1492
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Incunabula List April 21;
Terms of Sale
James Gray Bookseller
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About James Gray Bookseller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the...
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Generally refers to minor discoloration or staining.
- Vellum is a sheet of specialty prepared skin of lamb, calf, or goat kid used for binding a book or for printing and writing. ...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...