MABEL LUCIE ATTWELL'S GOING-TO-BED TALES.
by FORSYTH, ANNE:
- NFINE./No dw/dj - as issued.
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Standard Delivery: 4 to 7 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Mabel Lucie Attwell (1879-1964.) Born Mile End,London,the ninth of ten children of a butcher.Studied at Regent School of Art and at Heatherley's School of Art,but,disliking the formal training, completed neither course.Married Harold Earnshaw (1908) and he is thought to have been responsible for some of the more naturalistic parts of her drawings,such as the animals.From 1911 until the end of her life she designed postcards for Valentines of Dundee.Following the success of a card depicting two children peering over the end of a bed at a mouse (entitled 'What's the good of a perfect day if you can't spend a perfect night') she developed a line in pictures of chubby children in situations with adult overtones and (possibly unconscious) suggestions of double entendre.A rapid and prolific worker, he also designed advertisements,posters,calendars,figurines and wall plaques and contributed to annuals and gift books.Some of her earlier books such as 'Peter Pan' and 'The Water Babies' were delicate and appealing but as she became a household name her drawing became increasingly stereotyped.She worked mainly in pen and ink and watercolour.Member SWA.She died at Fowey in Cornwall, where she had lived for many years. Since April 2013,again in March 2015,and in this year too,the UK Post Office has altered it's Pricing in Proportion template,altering its prices,weight allowances,dimensions and lowered its qualifying compensation rates too! So,please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ,because of the lighter weight and the value of this item,for correct,insured shipping/P+p quotes - particularly ALL overseas buyers - BEFORE ordering through the order page!
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY. (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- MABEL LUCIE ATTWELL'S GOING-TO-BED TALES.
- FORSYTH, ANNE:
- illus by Mabel Lucie Attwell.
- UK,slim Qrto HB,no dw/dj - as issued(?) - 1st edn thus.
- Book condition
- Used - NFINE.
- Jacket condition
- No dw/dj - as issued.
- Quantity available
- UK,slim Qrto HB,1st edn thus.
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- LONDON.MICHAEL O'MARA BOOKS LIMITED,1994.
- Place of Publication
- This edition first published
- q52.CHILDREN'S/ILLUSTRATED.UK,slim Qrto HB,1st edn thus.ISBN 185479938X.Bedtime stories_poems.Traditional Nursery Rhymes.Mabel Lucie Attwell_Peter Pan_The Water Babies.Books new,used,signed,rare.
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY.
NO books will be sent 'ON APPROVAL' unless paid for in full and invoiced accordingly and with appropiate Registered/Recorded/Insurance,where applicable.If returned/declined monies refundable (P+p and any processing fees excluded). Other returns/refunds, only if book(s) are misdescribed,and then a) matches the invoice sent with it, b) returned in original packaging and state/condition sent out in,and received by buyer, c) and returned at the seller's original and actual shipping/P+p cost used when despatched to buyer - any excess cost borne at returnee's own expense. Notification of intent of return, required within 2 days of receipt of book please. 30 day return guarantee, for refund, (excluding P+p costs and any processing fees), for up to 30 days after delivery, only if an item arrives either misdescribed or damaged.Other returns accepted at seller's discretion. Orders processed same day,subject to time of receipt of order and payment, by end of P.O's business day, where applicable, and despatched the same day (weekends excluded). Shipping/P+p costs are based on books weighing 2.2Lb,or 1KG and UNINSURED, unless quoted otherwise. If your book order (P+p cost included/excluded) is in excess of 20.00 GBP,heavy or oversized, as per instruction, we'll contact you to let you know if extra shipping/insurance is required.Prices are nett, worldwide shipping/handling and registration/ insurance fees are extra.Books/orders in excess of 20.00 GBP will only be sent with appropriate insurance fees. So,for actual insured/registered shipping costs, prior contact with the seller, BEFORE ordering, is required at: email@example.com. All orders are wrapped in sellophane, then either bubble-wrapped or corrugated-card and then boxed.[US+CANADA only.] Items/orders over 20.00 GBP are automatically sent registered/insured either via PARCEL FORCE [insured].Or, International SIGNED For [insured] AIRMAIL,minimum of 6.50 GBP,in addition to P+p and subject to book('s) weight.Books WILL NOT be sent without appropiate Registered/Recorded/Insurance,where applicable.We use the Royal Mail for inland (UK)and most overseas deliveries.For most other International destinations,for orders/books in excess of 20.00 GBP,we use Royal Mail International Registered/SIGNED For minimum of 6.50 GBP (100gm),in addition to postage and subject to book('s) weight.UK addresses, orders/ books in excess of 20.00 GBP, sent Next Day Guaranteed Delivery [Minimum Insured up to 250 GBP automatically - at no fee,extra insurance can be bought upto 1,000 GBP and Maximum 2,500 GBP - enquire for costs.], minimum of 5.90 GBP per order, again subject to weight.
About the Seller
About R. J. A. PAXTON-DENNY.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- A decorative design or illustration placed at the beginning or end of a ...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- The book is pristine and free of any defects, in the same condition as ...[more]
- The page on the right side of a book, with the term Verso used to describe the page on the left side.
- Common term for the covers of a hardbound book. The term 'boards' refers to the thick cardboard under the paper or cloth...[more]