Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
First edition. Williams and Norgate. London. 1910. 8vo. (1), 251pp. Tissue guarded frontispiece portrait tipped in. Original cloth, rubbed to extremities, spotted. Slight foxing to endpapers and tissue guard. Slight crease to lower corner of frontis. Edges untrimmed.
From the library of E. A. Browne, "given to me by Jermyn Moorsom, Jan 5 1913". Signed "Raisley Moorsom, from the library of Edward Browne". Lake Poets, Kings College and Bloomsbury Group associations. At some point returned to Jermyn Moorsom, as it came from his library. [Edward Browne of Tallantire Hall, uncle of Jermyn and Raisley Moorsom of Keswick]
Jacks, L(awrence) P(earsall) (1860-1955) Principal of Manchester College, Oxford. Visionary author,parapsychologist and investigator of psychical phenomena. A rural philosophical parable partially written in the vernacular. An oddity.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Mad shepherds and other human studies
- Jacks, L. P
- Brooke, L. Leslie
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Williams & Norgate
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- parapsychology, parable, rural, visionary, psychology, eccentric, occult, mystic
- Bookseller catalogs
- Literature; Philosophy and Theology; Provenance, Bookplates and Associations;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- tipped in
- Tipped In is used to describe something which has been glued into a book. Tipped-in items can include photos, book plates,...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]