Mama Poc; An Ecologist's Accunt of the Extinctionof a Species
by Anna LaBastille
- near fine
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York, NY: W.W. Norton and Company , 1990 W.W. Norton and Company, New York. 1990. Hardcover. Stated First Edition/First Printing by Line Number. Book is tight, square, and unmarked. Book Condition: Near Fine; light bumping to head and tail; 3 dogeared pages. DJ: Near Fine; NOT Price Clipped ($19.95); light bumping to head and tail. Green boards with khaki cloth overlay on the spine with bright gilt lettering on the spine. 313 pp 8vo. The is the story of the documented extinction of the Giant Grebe, a flightless diving bird found only in the highlands of Guatemala during the 1960s-1980s by the author This is the story of the assaults, both natural and man-made on one small ecosystem caused by the introduction of the large-mouth bass. This is a poignant account of what is happening to wildlife and nature all over the world. A clean very presentable copy.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Walnut Valley Books/Books by White (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Mama Poc; An Ecologist's Accunt of the Extinctionof a Species
- Anna LaBastille
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket condition
- Near Fine
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- W.W. Norton and Company
- Place of Publication
- New York, NY
- Date Published
- 8vo - over 7� - 9�" tall
- Giant Grebe, Guatemala, ecosystems, birds, extinction, large-mouth bass, flightless diving bird, Lake Alitlan, food chain, conservation, depredation, Poc
- Bookseller catalogs
- Animal Stories; Latin America;
- 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
Walnut Valley Books/Books by White
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or in the unfortunate event, damaged. All books are packed and wrapped with care to avoid shifting during shipment and edge/tip strikes during the mailing process.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2018
Ask Seller a Question
About Walnut Valley Books/Books by White
Our 20% off Back to School Sales is on now through the end of August. Walnut Valley Books is a small independent home-based business with the bulk of my holdings being of an American military nature covering everything from the Revolutionary War to the current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. I also have holdings of books on the Middle East, the southwestern United States (New Mexico especially, Kansas related titles, Oklahoma related titles, and other regionally specialized books. All of my holdings are hand-selected to be good quality books of interest to the reader, historian, or the collector. In addition to the above, you will also find a wide range of other topics such as Medical, US History, autobiographical, biographical, sports, women's studies, and many other eclectic topics.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- price clipped
- When a book is described as price-clipped, it indicates that the portion of the dust jacket flap that has the publisher's... [More]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The heel of the spine.