Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
[HARLAN ELLISON]. JOHN MCCLOUD (EDITOR). MANHUNT. Eagle Publications, New York, August, 1956. Vol. 4, No. 8. First Edition. True first edition with the original 35 cent price on the cover. Condition: Very Good +. Appears lightly read, a few creases to extremities, minor indents, dealer inscription on cover typical of vintage pulp magazines, else pages are clean, unmarked and binding tight. A very good plus copy of a uncommon pulp magazine. Features the pulp fiction short story " Rat Hater " by Harlan Ellison. Early pulp fiction stories from Harlan Ellison from the 1950s originally published in pulp magazines are rare and Manhunt was considered the gold standard detective pulp magazine in it's day. Other pulp stories by some of the top pulp fiction writers of the day; Frank Kane, Henry Slesar, C.L. Sweeney Jr, Philip Weck, Jack Ritchie, Dan Sontup and more. Cover art by Frank Cozzarelli. Classic pulp fiction magazine and highly collectible. 128 pgs. 12mo.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Astro Trader Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- MANHUNT (August, 1956 Vol. 4, No. 8)
- Harlan Ellison
- Frank Cozzarelli
- Softcover / Wraps
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- Eagle Publications
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Harlan Ellison, Frank Kane, Henry Slesar, C.L. Sweeney Jr, Philip Weck, Jack Ritchie, Dan Sontup, Frank Cozzarelli
- Bookseller catalogs
- Pulp Fiction; Mystery / Crime Detective;
- 12mo digest
Terms of Sale
Astro Trader Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2020
Los Angeles , California
Ask Seller a Question
About Astro Trader Books
Astro Trader Books was founded in 2010 selling camera manuals, then branched into antiquarian, modern firsts, science fiction, fantasy, horror genres and pulp fiction.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback....[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Pulp magazines
- Magazines published primarily in the 20th Century named for the cheaply produced wood pulp paper on which they were printed....[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.