Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: Edward Arnold Ltd., (1956). First edition. Illustrated with portraits. A remarkable, loving biography of his great aunt based on copious family papers (some transcribed by Marianne herself at a young age), diaries, and letters -- including several to Forster written while she was in her late 80's and he was not yet 8 years old. Endpapers tanned along hinges, otherwise crisp and fine in bright, fine dust jacket with rear corners just barely nicked and only one tiny tear.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
Quill & Brush
We accept checks in U.S. dollars, PayPal, and all major credit cards.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2007
Ask Seller a Question
About Quill & Brush
Quill & Brush was established in 1976 by Allen & Patricia Ahearn, the authors of the well-respected reference for booksellers and collectors, Collected Books: The Guide to Identification and Values.At present the Quill & Brush is run by the Ahearns' eldest daughter, Beth Fisher. Allen is semi-retired but continues to buy, sell, and perform professional appraisals.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The book is pristine and free of any defects, in the same condition as ...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]