by Travers, P. L
Portland, Oregon, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Written by P.L. Travers and illustrated by Mary Shepard, Mary Poppins tells the tale of a magical English nanny who pops into Number 17 Cherry Tree Lane to care for the Banks children, carried by her umbrella along the east wind. At the end of the story, after many fantastical adventures with their stern governess, Poppins ‘pops’ out again on the West wind. The first in this series of eight books, Mary Poppins was published in 1934, and the seven subsequent novels that followed were published all the way through 1988. In 1964 Disney made a movie composed out of the first four of the books of the series, starring Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke. P.L. Travers wrote eight books, as well as several other books for children and adults. Her writing was not limited to novels, as she also served as a drama critic, travel essayist, reviewer and lecturer in her career. -
Read More: Identifying first editions of Mary Poppins
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
Terms of Sale
Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Generally refers to minor discoloration or staining.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...