Mastering the Art of French Cooking
by Child, Julia; Bertholle, Louisette; Beck, Simone
Rapid River, Michigan, United States
Bibliophiles Club Membership
Standard delivery: 3 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Mastering the Art of French Cooking is a two-volume French cookbook written by American author Julia Child, Simone Beck, and Louisette Bertholle, both of France. Written for the American market, it was published by Alfred A. Knopf in 1961 (Volume 1) and 1970 (Volume 2). Widely credited with bringing French cuisine into the American home, it has since become a standard in the culinary world. Originally, a third volume was planned but Child lost interest in the project as her television career took off and so Simone Beck published separately what would have been the third volume as Simca's Cuisine .
Read More: Identifying first editions of Mastering the Art of French Cooking
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- BiblioStax (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Mastering the Art of French Cooking
- Child, Julia; Bertholle, Louisette; Beck, Simone
- Coryn, Sidonie
- Book Condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket Condition
- First Edition
- Alfred A. Knopf
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- 4to - over 9¾" - 12&
Terms of Sale
Satisfaction is guaranteed. Refund will be negotiated and granted for sufficient reason.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- Shelf Wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...