Mastering the Art of French Cooking
by Child, Julia; Bertholle, Louisette; Beck, Simone
Dover, New Hampshire, United States
Bibliophiles Club Membership
Standard delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Mastering the Art of French Cooking is a two-volume French cookbook written by American author Julia Child, Simone Beck, and Louisette Bertholle, both of France. Written for the American market, it was published by Alfred A. Knopf in 1961 (Volume 1) and 1970 (Volume 2). Widely credited with bringing French cuisine into the American home, it has since become a standard in the culinary world. Originally, a third volume was planned but Child lost interest in the project as her television career took off and so Simone Beck published separately what would have been the third volume as Simca's Cuisine .
Read More: Identifying first editions of Mastering the Art of French Cooking
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Mare Booksellers (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Mastering the Art of French Cooking
- Child, Julia; Bertholle, Louisette; Beck, Simone
- Book Condition
- Used - Good
- Quantity Available
- Alfred A Knopf
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
PayPal, credit cards, checks and money orders accepted. Billing offered to institutions. Items may be returned within 30 days for full refund less shipping cost. Please contact prior to returning. Return shipping paid or errors on our part.
About the Seller
About Mare Booksellers
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...