Mastering the Art of French Cooking [Fourth Printing, September 1963]
by Child, Julia; Bertholle, Louisette; Beck, Simone
- very good
- Very Good/Fair
Rapid River, Michigan, United States
Bibliophiles Club Membership
Standard delivery: 3 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Mastering the Art of French Cooking is a two-volume French cookbook written by American author Julia Child, Simone Beck, and Louisette Bertholle, both of France. Written for the American market, it was published by Alfred A. Knopf in 1961 (Volume 1) and 1970 (Volume 2). Widely credited with bringing French cuisine into the American home, it has since become a standard in the culinary world. Originally, a third volume was planned but Child lost interest in the project as her television career took off and so Simone Beck published separately what would have been the third volume as Simca's Cuisine .
Read More: Identifying first editions of Mastering the Art of French Cooking [Fourth Printing, September 1963]
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- BiblioStax (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Mastering the Art of French Cooking [Fourth Printing, September 1963]
- Child, Julia; Bertholle, Louisette; Beck, Simone
- Coryn, Sidonie (Illustration)
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket Condition
- First Edition
- Alfred A. Knopf
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- 4to - over 9¾" - 12&
Terms of Sale
Satisfaction is guaranteed. Refund will be negotiated and granted for sufficient reason.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Text Block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a book....
- Shelf Wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...