Mastering the Art of French Cooking - Volume One and Two SET
by Julia Child; Simone Beck; Louisette Bertholle
Seattle, Washington, United States
Bibliophiles Club Membership
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Mastering the Art of French Cooking is a two-volume French cookbook written by American author Julia Child, Simone Beck, and Louisette Bertholle, both of France. Written for the American market, it was published by Alfred A. Knopf in 1961 (Volume 1) and 1970 (Volume 2). Widely credited with bringing French cuisine into the American home, it has since become a standard in the culinary world. Originally, a third volume was planned but Child lost interest in the project as her television career took off and so Simone Beck published separately what would have been the third volume as Simca's Cuisine .
Read More: Identifying first editions of Mastering the Art of French Cooking - Volume One and Two SET
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- ThriftBooks (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Mastering the Art of French Cooking - Volume One and Two SET
- Julia Child; Simone Beck; Louisette Bertholle
- Book Condition
- Used - Good
- Quantity Available
- Alfred A. Knopf
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- Shelf Wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...