Le Médecin Malgré Lui, Comédie en 3 Actes, de Molière, Arrangé en Opéra-Comique par MM Jules Barbier & Michel Carré.: Musique de Charles Gounod Partition Piano et Chant.
by Gounod, Charles François
- See description
New York, New York
Standard Delivery: 3 to 5 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Gounod, Charles François, Le Médecin Malgré Lui, Comédie en 3 Actes, de Molière, Arrangé en Opéra-Comique par MM Jules Barbier & Michel Carré. Musique de Charles Gounod Partition Piano et Chant. Paris: Colombier, Éditeur, rue Vivienne, No. 6, . 27.5 cm x 18 cm, [iv ; 190 pages]. In-8vo. Original green wrapper bound-in. Bound in half blue goatskin, with gold lettering on the spine, over blue marbled boards. Slight wear to corners, binding otherwise very good. Internally pristine, printed on heavy paper, wrapper slightly chipped. Engraved title page. First edition, C 2097 Columbier. Signed and inscribed in ink by Gounod at the top of the title page: "à mon ami, Léon Leroy : Souvenir affecteux. Ch. Gounod."Sold with an ALS of presentation from Gounod to Léon Leroy dated "Samedi 5 février /70". The text is: " Mon cher ami, Il y a huit jours que j'ai votre médecin … Et le mien aussi – car je viens d'être malade, et je sors de mon lit. C'est pourquoi je n'ai pu mettre la main sur votre addresse dont la copie était dans mes papiers. Voulez-vous avoir la bonté de faire prendre mon souvenir chez mon concierge ? Il y est déposé par bande à votre nom --- à vous Ch. Gounod. " ["My dear friend, It has been eight days since I had your doctor --- and my own as well – since I came to be sick, and I left my bed. It's why I have not been able to put my hand on your address which was in my papers. Would you have the goodness to come and get my souvenir from my concierge? It is deposited in a wrapper in your name. Yours, Ch. Gounod."] Léon Leroy was a distinguished clarinetist and a member, first in Paris, then later in New York, of the Société Moderne pour InstrumentsàVent and a soloist with the Garde Republicaine Band in Paris. Le Médecin Malgré Lui was Gounod's third opera, dating from 1858.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- G.Gosen Rare Books & Old Paper, ABAA, ILAB (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Le Médecin Malgré Lui, Comédie en 3 Actes, de Molière, Arrangé en Opéra-Comique par MM Jules Barbier & Michel Carré.
- Gounod, Charles François
- Bound in half blue goatskin, with gold lettering on the spine, over blue marbled boards.
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Colombier, Éditeur, rue Vivienne, No. 6
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Opera, Piano Score, Musical Score, Gounod, Moliere
- Bookseller catalogs
- Humour; Theatre History; Musicians; Music; Musical Scores; Signed Books; Opera;
- 27.5 cm x 18 cm
Terms of Sale
G.Gosen Rare Books & Old Paper, ABAA, ILAB
We ship to the buyer at a verified address. It is important for our customers to understand that we ship to the buyer at this verified address. All material is guaranteed as described and given a life-time guarantee of authenticity. All material is returnable within ten calendar days with advance written notification from the buyer stating the reason for the return. Returned material must be returned in exactly the same condition and secure internal wrapping in which it was shipped for a full refund to be made. Customers are expected to pay for shipping at the time of purchase according to weight, desired speed of delivery and for the insured value of the shipment. Some large, heavy books or sets of books, will require additional shipping. It is recommended that customers request shipments be sent to themselves in their own names by the most secure means to their verified addresses to assure speedy and secure insured delivery. For some customers outside the United States, special arrangements may be necessary to assure safe and secure delivery. We accept checks drawn on United States banks in dollars, as well as payments through PayPal. Sales to residents of New York State and New York City are subject to state and local taxes. All books and/or items remain the property of G. Gosen Rare Books & Old Paper until payment in full has been received. All material is subject to prior sale.
About the Seller
About G.Gosen Rare Books & Old Paper, ABAA, ILAB
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]
- Marbled boards
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Goatskin, leather made from goat, is durable and easy to dye. The original and finest examples of Morocco binding are...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]