MEMOIRES DE MAXIMILIEN DE BETHUNE DUC DE SULLY (3 VOL SET - COMPLETE): Principle Ministre de Henry le Grand, Mis en ordre, avec des Remarques, Par M. L. D. L. D. L.
by Maximilien de Bethune duc de Sully, edited by l'abbe Pierre Mathurin de l"Ecluse des Loges
- Good +
Blue Hill, Maine
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London, 1747. Second edition. Hardcover. Good +. Vol 1 – xxxvi, 607 pgs. Vol 2 – x, 612 pgs. Vol 3 – vi, 617 pgs.8 x 10 in. Text in French.Polished calf, original binding. Gilt lettering and decoration on spine. 5 raised bands on spine. Marbled endpapers. Red edges to text block. Engraved frontis illustration. Red and black lettering on title page, with engraved illustration. Remains of blue silk bookmark in all. Condition of books is GOOD+ ; Bindings sound, with cracking to front edge of Vol 3. Worm damage to spines. Corners worn. Rubbing, small tears to covers. Foxing throughout. Small David B. Ogden bookplate on front paste down. Engraved armorial bookplate in center of front paste down depicting Samson, and “Emanuel Conte de Nay et de Richecourt” (likely original owner c. 1750). Marbled endpapers vivid. Vol 1 – tears to cover surface, ink marking on bookplate.Vol 2 – slight tears to surface of calf on front and back, more wear to all corners. Vol 3 – scratches, tears to front and back, cracked/damaged front hinge on cover, but binding tight.
Review this book and youâ€™ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Andre Strong Bookseller (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- MEMOIRES DE MAXIMILIEN DE BETHUNE DUC DE SULLY (3 VOL SET - COMPLETE)
- Maximilien de Bethune duc de Sully, edited by l'abbe Pierre Mathurin de l"Ecluse des Loges
- Book condition
- Used - Good +
- Second edition
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- European History;
Terms of Sale
Andre Strong Bookseller
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2008
Blue Hill, Maine
Ask Seller a Question
About Andre Strong Bookseller
Andre Strong Bookseller is located in Blue Hill, on the coast of Maine. We offer 22,000 books for sale online, and work from an office and rare book room, with a warehouse adjacent. We carry a wide selection of fine books on every subject, with specialization in art, architecture, photography, nautical, Maine and fiction. We do not have an open shop - if you'd like to visit, please arrange an appointment.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat the... [More]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a book.... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created in the... [More]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]