Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Henry Colburn. Acceptable. Henry Colburn; London, 1827. Complete 5 Volume Set. Acceptable only, finely bound full polished brown calf leather, 5 raised bands, 6 compartments, black leather label in second compartment with set title, red label in second compartment with volume title/number, others blind and gilt ruled, city of publication in gilt to bottom, both front and rear panels are gilt lined, matching marbled endpapers/text block edges, gilt dentelle boarders front and rear pastedowns, some rub marks/loss to board corners/spine tips and tops, lightly sunned pages, trace use/handling wear, lightly starting hinges, moderate to heavy moisture damage to boards/bottom text block edges and bottom/fore-edge of a few pages else a nice and complete set. 8vo[octavo or approx. 6 x 9 inches], (Vol.1) 394pp., (Vol.2) 464oo., (Vol.3) 441pp., (Vol.4) 552pp., (Vol.5) 399pp., indexed. We pack securely and ship daily with delivery confirmation on every book. The picture on the listing page is of the actual book for sale. Additional Scan(s) are available for any item, please inquire.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Mark Lavendier, Bookseller (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- THE MEMOIRS OF JOHN EVELYN (5 Volumes)
- Book condition
- Used - Acceptable
- Quantity available
- Henry Colburn
Terms of Sale
Mark Lavendier, Bookseller
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2008
N Scituate, Rhode Island
Ask Seller a Question
About Mark Lavendier, Bookseller
Selling quailty books for over 20 years.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Borders on the inner edge of a book with a lacy pattern, most often gilt. Popular in France during the 18th century...[more]
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created...[more]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a...[more]
- A non-traditional book condition description that generally refers to a book in Good or Very Good condition, although no...[more]
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause...[more]