MEMOIRS OF JOSEPH GRIMALDI
by DICKENS, CHARLES, Editor. (BINDINGS - RIVIERE & SON)
- See description
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Phillip J. Pirages Fine Books and Medieval Manuscripts (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- MEMOIRS OF JOSEPH GRIMALDI
- DICKENS, CHARLES, Editor. (BINDINGS - RIVIERE & SON)
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- FIRST EDITION, Second State (with frame around final plate, "The
- Richard Bentley
- Place of Publication
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Phillip J. Pirages Fine Books and Medieval Manuscripts
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
- Does the default shipping charge seem high? If so, please contact us by email at email@example.com for a shipping charge tailored to your order and location. You may also call us at (800) 962-6666 in the US or (503) 472-0476 outside the US, Monday through Friday between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm US Pacific time or leave us a message.
- For all orders outside the US and Canada, please contact us for shipping charges before completing your order.
- If you complete your order before you receive a shipping quote, we will need to contact you to get additional funding to cover the cost of shipping before we can ship your items.
- Except in the cases of items priced at $100 or less (for which we charge a small handling fee), we wish only to pass along actual carrier charges to our customers. The constraints of this website force us to assume that each purchase is both heavier and further away than average, so we would be pleased to adjust the charges to reflect actual weights and locations.
About the Seller
About Phillip J. Pirages Fine Books and Medieval Manuscripts
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause...[more]
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]
- second state
- used in book collecting to refer to a first edition, but after some change has been made in the printing, such as a correction,...[more]
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created...[more]