Memoirs of Sir Thomas More, with a New Translation of His Utopia, His History of King Richard III, and His Latin Poems. Translated by Arthur Cayley, the Younger, Esq.
by [ More, Sir Thomas ]. Cayley, Arthur
- See description
Los Angeles, California
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Michael R. Thompson, Booksellers, ABAA/ILAB (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Memoirs of Sir Thomas More, with a New Translation of His Utopia, His History of King Richard III, and His Latin Poems. Translated by Arthur Cayley, the Younger, Esq.
- [ More, Sir Thomas ]. Cayley, Arthur
- Contemporary half green morocco over marbled boards with a five-paneled spine tooled and lettered in gilt. Top edges gilt.
- Book condition
- First edition. The Cayley translation of Utopia is the third tra
- Published by Cadell and Davis, Strand
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Two volumes in one. Thick quarto
Terms of Sale
Michael R. Thompson, Booksellers, ABAA/ILAB
CWO Visa, MC , American Express, Discover SHipping: $12.00 1st ordinary-sized book within the U.S., at cost for others. Our normal method of shipping within the U.S. is U.P.S. International orders shipped at cost; please inquire about costs of air and surface shipment. All books guaranteed as described. Items returnable within ten days if the customer is dissatisfied; please phone or e-mail first. Customers are encouraged to e-mail us with any questions before ordering.
About the Seller
About Michael R. Thompson, Booksellers, ABAA/ILAB
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- Marbled boards
- ... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- Marginalia, in brief, are notes written in the margins, or beside the text of a book by a previous owner. This is very... [More]
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"... [More]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also... [More]