Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Oxford University Press, 1958. Hardcover. Good/Good. 1958. 1958 reprint. 253 pages. Pink pictorial dust jacket over blue cloth. Pages are clean and bright with a firm binding. End papers and pages edges are lightly tanned and foxed. Boards are a little rub worn with some slight shelf wear to corners, spine and edges. Corners are a little bumped and spine ends are a little crushed. With some tanning to spine and edges. Tape marks to boards. Light wear to dust jacket with tears, chips and creases to spine, edge and corners. With some tanning to spine and edges. Protected by plastic wrapper.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- World of Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Mermaid and the Simpleton
- B L Picard
- Book condition
- Used - Good/Good
- Quantity available
- Oxford University Press
- Date published
Terms of Sale
World of Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2009
Goring-by-Sea, West Sussex
Ask Seller a Question
About World of Rare Books
World of Books sells rare and collectable books on behalf of charities. Our team of booksellers are happy to deal with any enquiries and aim to provide same-day dispatch for all orders.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Foxing is the age related browning, or brown-yellowish spots, that can occur to book paper over time. When this aging process...[more]
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...[more]