The Metaphysical Club: A Story of Ideas in America.
by Menand, Louis
- See description
Palm Beach, Florida
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Farrar, Straus & Giroux, 2001. First edition of the author's Pulitzer Prize-winning work. Octavo, original half cloth. Association copy, inscribed by the author on the title page to fellow Pulitzer Prize award winning author Edward O. Wilson, "For Edward with best wishes Louis Menand." Wilson's signature to the front free endpaper, near fine in a near dust jacket. Jacket design by Susan Mitchell. An exceptional association copy. "Louis Menand's The Metaphysical Club is brilliant, illuminating, necessary" (Joan Didion).
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Raptis Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Metaphysical Club: A Story of Ideas in America.
- Menand, Louis
- Book condition
- Farrar, Straus & Giroux
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Louis Menand First Edition Signed, Metaphysical Club First Edition
- Bookseller catalogs
- Biography and Autobiography;
Terms of Sale
Raptis Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2012
Palm Beach, Florida
Ask Seller a Question
About Raptis Rare Books
Founded by Matthew and Adrienne Raptis, Raptis Rare Books is an antiquarian book firm that specializes in literature, children's books, economics, photo books, signed and inscribed books, and landmark books in all fields. Our business model is simple: we strive to handle books that are in exceptional condition and to provide exceptional customer service. We are proud members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB) and exhibit at major book fairs in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Boston, as well as other regional fairs.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has been... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- Association copy
- An association copy is a copy of a book which has been signed and inscribed by the author for a personal friend, colleague, or... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]