Missions in Western Polynesia: being historical sketches of these Missions, from their Commencement in 1839 to the Present Time.
by Murray, A[rchibald] W[right]
- See description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Standard Delivery: 8 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
First edition. John Snow. London. 1863. Octavo. xi, (1), 489, (1)pp + 16pp publisher's catalogue. Tissue guarded engraved frontis., 6 further plates. Original blue embossed cloth, gilt lettering and rules to spine. Spine darkened and rubbed to head and tail. Predominantly unopened.
Provenance: Bookplate of Sir Thomas George Fermor Hesketh, Bart., Rufford Hall to fep. Bookplate Easton Neston Library also to fep.
Sir Thomas George Fermor-Hesketh, 5th Bt (1825-1872), Politician and army officer.
Easton Neston was designed by Nicholas Hawksmoor. The house and its contents was sold by Lord Hesketh in 2005.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Missions in Western Polynesia: being historical sketches of these Missions, from their Commencement in 1839 to the Present Time.
- Murray, A[rchibald] W[right]
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- John Snow
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Missions, London MIssionary Society, Polynesia, Vanuatu
- Bookseller catalogs
- Travel and Exploration; Australasia;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A state in which all or some of the pages of a book have not been separated from the adjacent pages, caused by a traditional...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The heel of the spine.