Modern English Drama: Dryden, Sheridan, Goldsmith, Shelley, Browning, Byron (#18 in The Five-Foot Shelf of Books series, "The Harvard Classics")
by ELIOT, Charles W. (editor)
- Very Good with no dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: P. F. Collier & Son. Very Good with no dust jacket. 1909. Hardcover. A selection of 6 dramas by 6 leading English playwright/poets whose works first appeared from the 17th Century through the early 19th Century. --- Included are: All for Love, or, the World Well Lost by John Dryden; The School for Scandal by Richard Brinsley Sheridan; She Stoops to Conquer by Oliver Goldsmith; The Cenci by Percy Bysshe Shelley; A Blot in the 'Scutcheon by Robert Browning; and Manfred by Lord Byron. The 18th entry in The Five-Foot Shelf of Books series, "The Harvard Classics", edited by Charles W. Eliot, who supplies an introduction to each play. With sepia frontis illustration of scene from Goldsmith's "She Stoops to Conquer". --- In dark red cloth-covered boards with the Harvard crest in gilt on the cover; gilt-stamped spine titling & decorations and grey-green topstain. Lacks a dust jacket. --- With slightly splayed boards, light sunning to spine, moderate chafing to cloth; otherwise a clean, intact, sturdy copy.; Small Octavo (7-1/2 to 8 in. tall); 444 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Modern English Drama: Dryden, Sheridan, Goldsmith, Shelley, Browning, Byron (#18 in The Five-Foot Shelf of Books series, "The Harvard Classics")
- ELIOT, Charles W. (editor)
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good with no dust jacket
- P. F. Collier & Son
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]