Moeurs et la caricature en France.
by Grand-Carteret, John
- See item description and photos
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Standard Delivery: 8 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Imprimerie de Charles Hérissey. Evreux. La Librairie Illustrée. Paris.  Quarto. xii, 690pp. (1) Imprim. 8 tissue guarded coloured plates, numerous engraved full page illustrations and text engravings. Contemporary red half morocco and marbled boards. Spine in six compartments, gilt lettering, motifs and rules. Marbled endpapers. Some toning to half-title and last few pages. Slight shelfwear to edges and corners.
John Grand-Carteret (1850-1927) Art historian and collector.
Due to the weight of this volume, we regret an additional postage overseas charge may apply. Please contact us for details.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Moeurs et la caricature en France.
- Grand-Carteret, John
- Book condition
- Used - See item description and photos
- Quantity available
- Imprimerie de Charles Hérissey. La Librairie Illustrée.
- Place of Publication
- Evreux & Paris
- Date published
- Customs, humour, satire, cartoon
- Bookseller catalogs
- Art; Europe; Caricature, Satire, Cartoons and Humour; Fine Bindings; France and French Interest;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Marbled boards
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]