Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Moman Pruiett Criminal Lawyer (Autobiography 1st Edition 1st Printing 1944 Hardcover w/ Rare Dust Jacket)
Title Page Summary: "The life story of the man who defended 343 persons charged with murder. The record shows 303 acquittals and the only client to hear the death sentence pronounced was saved by Presidential clemency."
[Notes about the author: Born Moorman H. Pruiett in 1872, he changed his name to Moman after a troubled past as a juvenile in which he was incarcerated numerous times. Ironically, he later received his license to practice law in Oklahoma and Indian territories and was a fiery criminal lawyer with a rebellious and violent side. It is safe to argue that Pruiett led a lifestyle that complimented his superb, yet highly unethical law career. This book was published just before his death in 1945.]
Copyright 1944, published by Harlow Publishing Corporation (Oklahoma); no subsequent printings listed indicates this is a 1st Edition, 1st Printing. 580 pages. Illustrated.
Dust jacket is in protective mylar and has $3.50 printed on the front inside flap. It shows significant wear, to include significant tears, nicks, and chips over the majority of the jacket. This includes tears along the entire length of both exterior fore-edges that were previously repaired with tape. On the reverse/interior of the dust jacket, there are numerous other tape repairs that cover a vast majority of the jacket. The jacket is also missing a significant chunk on the back (where the main character's head is at) and also at the spine head. The jacket is tanning and has multiple stains on the front and back. Despite the significant wear to the dust jacket, it is extremely rare to have a jacket.
Blue hardcover has edge-wear, bumped bottom corners, nicks to the rear board, and stains on the front and back. Several spots on the front paste-down. The textblock and some of the pages have light foxing. Pages ix to xx have a slight crease at the top-edge. No writing or markings. Overall, it is in Very Good Minus (VG-) condition.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Bronze Anthology LLC (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Moman Pruiett Criminal Lawyer
- Moman Pruiett
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good-
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition, 1st Printing
- Harlow Publishing Corporation
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Moman Pruiett, Criminal Lawyer, Autobiography, 1st Edition, 1st Printing, 1944, Rare, Dust Jacket, Oklahoma, History, Law, Attorney,
- Bookseller catalogs
- Law Books; First Edition; Non-Fiction;
Terms of Sale
Bronze Anthology LLC
About the Seller
About Bronze Anthology LLC
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The paste-down is the portion of the endpaper that is glued to the inner boards of a hardback book. The paste-down forms an...[more]