Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Blackwells, 1939. Hardcover. Good/Good. 1939. 352 pages. Pictorial dust jacket over orange cloth. Contains black and white illustrations by L. R. Brightwell. Moderate tanning to endpapers. Mild tanning to pages throughout with occasional thumb marking present. Illustrations remain clear. Boards have moderate shelf wear with rubbing and heavy corner bumping. Some white marking to surfaces with tanning to edges and spine and crushing at ends. Clipped jacket has separated at spine. Moderate edge wear with some prominent tears and chipping. Prominent tanning and marking.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- World of Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- More Simple Science - Earth and Man
- C. Andrade, Julian Huxley
- Book condition
- Used - Good/Good
- Quantity available
- Date published
Terms of Sale
World of Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2009
Goring-by-Sea, West Sussex
Ask Seller a Question
About World of Rare Books
World of Books sells rare and collectable books on behalf of charities. Our team of booksellers are happy to deal with any enquiries and aim to provide same-day dispatch for all orders.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]