Mountain Meadows Massacre
by Brooks, Juanita
- Near Fine in Very Good dust jacket
Moab, Utah, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Norman, OK: University of Oklahoma Press. Near Fine in Very Good dust jacket. 1962. First Edition Thus. Hardcover. Dust jacket in mylar. Some scratches near spine head, minimal sunning, not price-clipped; otherwise in very good condition. Red cloth boards with title, author, and publisher in gilt and black, all in near fine condition. Tight binding, clean interior. This edition was published twelve years after the first edition: according to the author's statement, included in the first pages, this edition was "an opportunity to correct and amplify the text and to enrich it with illustrations," including new research conducted by Brooks herself (Brooks v). ; 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall; 316 pp .
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Back of Beyond Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Mountain Meadows Massacre
- Brooks, Juanita
- Book Condition
- Used - Near Fine in Very Good dust jacket
- First Edition Thus
- University of Oklahoma Press
- Place of Publication
- Norman, OK
- Date Published
- Mormon History, Mountain Meadows Massacre, John D. Lee
Terms of Sale
Back of Beyond Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2022
Ask Seller a Question
About Back of Beyond Books
Located in the heart of the desert southwest Back of Beyond Books is an indie bookstore in Moab, Utah. The name of the store was drawn from one of Edward Abbey's most well-known fiction titles, The Monkey Wrench Gang. We specialize in natural history, environmental literature, southwestern guidebooks & maps, Native American books, and Western history. But we also carry a wild assortment of fiction, science, philosophy, current affairs, rare books, and generally other cool stuff.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...