At the Mountains of Madness" in Astounding Stories February-April 1936
by Lovecraft, H.P.; F. Orlin Tremaine [Editor]
- See description
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Street and Smith, 1936. First Edition. Three wrappered issues of the sci-fi and adventure magazine Astounding Stories: February, March, and April of 1936. First publications of the novella anywhere. Good condition overall. Wraps fragile and chipped, pages toned and brittle with age. February issue front wrap and first few pages split near head, front wrap hinge starting, back wrap stained. March issue wraps stained, worn and chipped wraps, spine chipped along edges, a few pages corner-creased, pencil writing on back wrap. April issue front wrap chipped, tape repair to verso of front wrap and along hinge near head, tape repair to foot, small marginal worm track to fore edge. A complete set of the horror master's novella, published not long before his death.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Burnside Rare Books, ABAA (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- At the Mountains of Madness" in Astounding Stories February-April 1936
- Lovecraft, H.P.; F. Orlin Tremaine [Editor]
- Book condition
- First Edition
- Street and Smith
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- At the Mountains of Madness
Terms of Sale
Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2010
Ask Seller a Question
About Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
Burnside Rare Books specializes in American and British literature, and rare nonfiction. We are located in downtown Portland, Oregon and open by appointment.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- fore edge
- The portion of a book that is opposite the spine. That part of a book which faces the wall when shelved in a traditional... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]