Murder Must Advertise (A Lord Peter Wimsey Mystery)
by Sayers, Dorothy L
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Corners bumped, slight edge wear and rubbing. An attractive copy. ; Lord Peter Wimsey; 6¾" - 7¾" Tall; 356 pages;
"When adman Victor Dean falls down the stairs in the offices of Pym's Publicity, a respectable London advertising agency, it looks like an accident. Then Lord Peter Wimsey is called in and soon discovers that there's more to copy-writing than meets the eye. A bit of cocaine, a hint of blackmail, and some wanton women can be read between the lines. And then there is the brutal succession of murders, five of them, each one a fixed fee for advertising a deadly secret." .
Murder Must Advertise is a Lord Peter Wimsey mystery novel by Dorothy L. Sayers, published in 1933. Most of the action takes place in an advertising agency, a setting with which Sayers was very familiar. One of her advertising colleagues, Bobby Bevan, was the inspiration for the character Mr Ingleby.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Orielis' Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Murder Must Advertise (A Lord Peter Wimsey Mystery)
- Sayers, Dorothy L
- Bleck, Cathie [Cover]
- Mass Market Paperback
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+
- First Printing
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Harper Paperbacks
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- 0061043559, Mystery Fiction, Murder Mystery, Anthology, Lord Peter Wimsey (fictitious Character), English Sleuths, London England, Detective Tales
- Bookseller catalogs
- Mystery / Dorothy Sayers;
Terms of Sale
All books are subject to prior sale. We accept payment with credit cards, personal or business checks, money orders, and PayPal. We can accept credit card purchases directly or via Biblio.com's shopping cart or through PayPal. You may return a book for exchange or refund within one month of the time you receive it. Please e-mail us beforehand with the problem and we will try to resolve it to your satisfaction. For books that are not "As Described", we will pay media mail return postage.
About the Seller
About Orielis' Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Mass Market
- Mass market paperback books, or MMPBs, are printed for large audiences cheaply. This means that they are smaller, usually...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.