MY EARLY LIFE. A Roving Commission
by CHURCHILL. WINSTON. S
- See description
London, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Thornton Butterworth Limited. London. 1930. FIRST EDITION. 8vo. 2nd state, with 12 titles by Churchill listed on the half title. Illustrated throughout with maps and portraits. A clean and bright copy, Finely bound in recent full red morocco leather. Spine with five raised bands. Compartments ruled, lettered and decorated with Rampant Lion device, all in gilt. Single gilt decorative border on boards. Top edge gilt. A fine copy. Churchill's autobiographical writings on his younger years.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Paul Foster Books (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- MY EARLY LIFE. A Roving Commission
- CHURCHILL. WINSTON. S
- Book Condition
- Quantity Available
- Thornton Butterworth Limited. London. 1930
- Bookseller catalogs
- Winston Churchill; Fine bindings;
Terms of Sale
Paul Foster Books
All books fully guaranteed. Any book found not ot be as described may be returned for a full refund within seven days of receipt. Please notify before returning any books. All items remain the property of Paul Foster Books until paid for in full. Payment by instalment acceptable for high value items. Please ask. ----- Full Member of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association, I.L.A.B, and PBFA
About the Seller
About Paul Foster Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Half Title
- The blank front page which appears just prior to the title page, and typically contains only the title of the book, although, at...
- Raised Band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created in the...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Especially for older books, a printer's device refers to an identifying mark, also sometimes called a printer's mark, on the...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Top Edge Gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the pages...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
This Book’s Categories
- Bindings & Editions Fine Bindings
- History History by Period Modern History
- Military & Military History British Military History
- Politics, Government and Law Law Enforcement Political Biography Winston Churchill
- Politics, Government and Law Law Enforcement Political Biography Churchill
- Hobbies & Crafts Collecting Book Collecting
- Biography & Essays Biography & Memoirs