My Life and the Beautiful Game.
- See description
Palm Beach, Florida
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Doubleday & Company, 1977. First edition of Pele's autobiography. Octavo, original half cloth, illustrated. Presentation copy, inscribed by Pele on the half-title page, "To Clark good luck Pele." Some light dampstaining, very good in a very good dust jacket. Jacket photograph by Alex Gotfryd. Written with Robert L. Fish. While kicking a ball through the dusty streets of his Brazilian hometown, young Edson Arantes do Nascimento was given the nickname Pele so casually that no one remembers its meaning. Today, the name is famous worldwide as belonging to history's greatest soccer player. Here, in Pele's own words, is his incredible life story: his five goals in the last two games of the 1958 World Cup at the tender age of 17, his glory years with his Brazilian club FC Santos, his role in four World Cup tournaments, his comeback as a member of the storied New York Cosmos, and his lifelong role as goodwill ambassador for the world's favorite sport.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Raptis Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- My Life and the Beautiful Game.
- Book condition
- Doubleday & Company
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- My Life and the Beautiful Game First Edition, Pele First Edition Signed
- Bookseller catalogs
- Biography and Autobiography;
Terms of Sale
Raptis Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2012
Palm Beach, Florida
Ask Seller a Question
About Raptis Rare Books
Founded by Matthew and Adrienne Raptis, Raptis Rare Books is an antiquarian book firm that specializes in literature, children's books, economics, photo books, signed and inscribed books, and landmark books in all fields. Our business model is simple: we strive to handle books that are in exceptional condition and to provide exceptional customer service. We are proud members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB) and exhibit at major book fairs in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Boston, as well as other regional fairs.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has been... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]