My Recollections of Lord Byron and Those of Eye-Witnesses of His Life (2 volumes)
by Guiccioli, Countess / Jerningham, Hubert E.H. (translator)
- Very Good Minus/No DJ
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: Richard Bentley, 1869. "Lord Byron jugé par les témoins de sa Vie". Text has been translated into English. Both volumes: bumped and creased on ends of spine, spine faded, mottled and rubbed along edges, corners rubbed and bowed. Previous owner's initial on black front paste-down and on reverse of ffep. Light foxing on first and last 2 pages, else pages clean and binding tight. Top edge dusty and page edges roughened. Additionally: Volume 1: on pages 252-253, semi-circular piece (1/2 inch) torn from top edge of page where pages had been separated, cracked at page 304 but binding firm; Volume 2: smudge (1 inch) on front, previous owner's name in pencil on reverse of rear endpaper, cracked at page 225 but binding firm. Overall, the set is very good minus. Note: heavy books (4 lbs.).. Hard Cover. Very Good Minus/No DJ. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Lindenlea Books (CA)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- My Recollections of Lord Byron and Those of Eye-Witnesses of His Life (2 volumes)
- Guiccioli, Countess / Jerningham, Hubert E.H. (translator)
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good Minus
- Jacket condition
- No DJ
- Richard Bentley
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Lord Byron, Countess Guiccioli, George Gordon, George Gordon Noel, 6th Baron Byron
- Bookseller catalogs
- Biography and Autobiography; English Romantic Poets;
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
We guarantee the condition of every book as it is described. If you are not satisfied with your purchase or if the order hasn't arrived, you are eligible for a refund within 30 days of the estimated delivery date.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2019
Ask Seller a Question
About Lindenlea Books
We are located in Ottawa (Ontario, Canada), and started selling books online in 2009. We offer a wide range of topics, with a focus on signed modern Canadian first editions. Please feel free to contact us by email if you have a question regarding any of our books.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The paste-down is the portion of the endpaper that is glued to the inner boards of a hardback book. The paste-down forms an...[more]
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]