My War with the United States (Modern Library #175.2)
by BEMELMANS, Ludwig (author and illustrator)
- Very Good+ in Very Good dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: The Modern Library / Random House. Very Good+ in Very Good dust jacket. [c.1945]. Hardcover. An eccentric, humorous and whimsical memoir of his time in the US Army by Ludwig Bemelmans in a slim Modern Library reprint edition. With author's black & white illustrations at each chapter head and a foreword by the author. Author's cannon-and-cannonballs art to jacket front panel. --- In Toledano spine 8 / blue cloth / gilt titling on red spine & cover blocks / red topstain / grey Kent endpapers / jacket style g, verso lists 304 titles in ML catalog. Likely published c.1945. (Incorrect "First Modern Library Edition 1941" statement appears on copyright page, as it often does with copies of this title.) ML #175.2. --- A very nice copy: clean and tightly-bound but with prior owner's discreet signature to top of front free endpaper. Dust jacket with some light chafing to edges & a couple of tears, spine is mildly darkened but overall bright and wrapped in removable archival mylar protector.; 12mo - 7 to 7-1/2 in. tall; 151 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- My War with the United States (Modern Library #175.2)
- BEMELMANS, Ludwig (author and illustrator)
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+ in Very Good dust jacket
- The Modern Library / Random House
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Biography, Autobiography, Memoir;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback.... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined... [More]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.