The Mysterious Affair At Styles
by Christie, Agatha
Salem, Oregon, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Mysterious Affair At Styles (1935 Bodley Head Half-Crown Edition) Made and printed in Great Britain by Butler & Tanner, Ltd., Frome and London. THE FIRST HERCULE POIROT TITLE EVER WRITTEN BY CHRISTIE. Used. Good / New fax candlestick motif dust jacket. Hardcover. BOARDS ARE VERY CLEAN. NO CORNER BUMPS. Mandarin Orange cloth boards with black and green stripes on front cover. Black Titling. States Bodley Head on spine. Spine may be slightly sunned. Pages fairly bright. Foxing noted. chiefly at title page and verso. Please see our photos. Apparently quite rare in this edition. Will ship from Oregon
Extended Description and Notes
The Mysterious Affair At Styles (1935 Bodley Head Half-Crown Edition) Made and printed in Great Britain by Butler & Tanner, Ltd., Frome and London. THE FIRST HERCULE POIROT TITLE EVER WRITTEN BY CHRISTIE. Used. Good / New. Hardcover. BOARDS ARE VERY CLEAN. NO CORNER BUMPS. Mandarin Orange cloth boards with black and green stripes on front cover. Black Titling. States Bodley Head on spine. Spine may be slightly sunned. Dust jacket not original to this Bodley Head Half Crown Edition. Instead, it's the (fax) candlestick cover art from the First Edition, that was published in 1920, but specially sized by supplier to fit this volume, since they do not stock jackets for this B.H. Printing. Pages fairly bright. Foxing noted chiefly at title page and verso. Please see our photos.
Written in 1916, during World War I, The Mysterious Affair at Styles is Agatha Christie’s first published novel. The story introduces the author’s world-famous Belgian detective, Hercule Poirot, as well as Lieutenant (later Captain) Hastings and Inspector (later Chief Inspector) Japp. The mystery begins with Poirot settling in England near the home of Emily Inglethorp. When Emily is killed, Poirot must apply his detective skills to solve the mystery based on a few seemingly random clues. The book includes maps of the house, the murder scene, and a drawing of a fragment of a will.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Mary Riversong Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Mysterious Affair At Styles
- Christie, Agatha
- Book Condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket Condition
- Quantity Available
- Half-Crown Edition
- The Bodley Head
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- 5 X 7 1/2
- Agatha Christie, Mystery, Detective Club, Roger Ackroyd, First Edition, Rare, Half-Crown Edition
- Bookseller catalogs
- For Sale; Mystery; Books Into Film; Performing Arts; Anglophilia; Agatha Christie; women's Studies; PSYCHOLOGY; Law; Justice; Dust Jacket; Detective Fiction; Hercule Poirot; 20th Century Literature;
Terms of Sale
Mary Riversong Books
About the Seller
About Mary Riversong Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause slight...
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...
- Indicates that the affected part of the book has been impacted in such a way so as to cause a flattening, indention, or light...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
This Book’s Categories
- Bindings & Editions Hardcover
- Fiction & Literature Modern Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Mystery & Thrillers Mystery Crime Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Mystery & Thrillers Mystery Agatha Christie
- Fiction & Literature Mystery & Thrillers Mystery Detective Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Psychological Fiction