The Mysterious Affair At Styles
by Christie, Agatha
Salem, Oregon, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Mysterious Affair At Styles. By Agatha Christie.1920 Harper & Brothers Copyright. Undated ca,1940 Grosset & Dunlap Washington Square Press Reprint Edition. Acceptable/ GOOD ORIGINAL CANDLE IN THE DARK WASHINGTON SQUARE DJ, NOW PROTECTED IN MYLAR WRAP; A little water-spotting and wear noted at spine. HERCULE POIROT #1. Acceptable. quite tanned but not brittle pages. Jacket is in good shape.
Extended Description and Notes
The Mysterious Affair At Styles. By Agatha Christie. Copyright 1920, Harper & Brothers. Circa 1940 Grosset & Dunlap Washington Square Press Edition. Acceptable/ GOOD ORIGINAL CANDLE IN THE DARK WASHINGTON SQUARE DJ, NOW PROTECTED IN MYLAR WRAP; A little water-spotting and wear noted at spine. HERCULE POIROT #1. Acceptable. quite tanned but not brittle pages. Jacket is in good shape.
Written in 1916, during World War I, The Mysterious Affair at Styles is Agatha Christie’s first published novel. The story introduces the author’s world-famous Belgian detective, Hercule Poirot, as well as Lieutenant (later Captain) Hastings and Inspector (later Chief Inspector) Japp. The mystery begins with Poirot settling in England near the home of Emily Inglethorp. When Emily is killed, Poirot must apply his detective skills to solve the mystery based on a few seemingly random clues. The book includes maps of the house, the murder scene, and a drawing of a fragment of a will.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Mary Riversong Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Mysterious Affair At Styles
- Christie, Agatha
- Book Condition
- Used - Acceptable
- Jacket Condition
- Quantity Available
- Reprint Edition
- Grosset & Dunlap
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- 5 1/4 X 7 5/8
- Agatha Christie, Washington Square, Detective, Mystery, Hercule Poirot
- Bookseller catalogs
- For Sale; Mystery; Anglophilia; Agatha Christie; women's Studies; Crime; Detective Fiction; Hercule Poirot; History of England; 20th Century Literature;
Terms of Sale
Mary Riversong Books
About the Seller
About Mary Riversong Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- A non-traditional book condition description that generally refers to a book in readable condition, although no standard exists...
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.