NAPOLEON IN EXILE OR A VOICE FROM ST. HELENA BEING THE OPINIONS & REFLECTIONS OF NAPOLEON ON THE MOST IMPORTANT EVENTS OF HIS LIFE & GOVERNMENT, IN HIS OWN WORDS
by O'MEARA, BARRY
- Good/No d/w
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: Jones And Co., 1834. In 2 Volumes; xxvii + 512pp; Vol. 2 552pp; Both volumes full leather with 4 raised bands and gilt decoartions to spine and covers; Title labels to spine compartment; Marbled eps and edges; Covers worn and scuffed with rubbing to edges and corners bumped; Vol. 1 shows carcking along external hinge; Volume 2 has splitting along edge of spine and bottom 2 inches of binding to spine missing; Internally foxing to prelims else both bright and sound; Digital photos available on request; Previous owner's bookplate to front pastedown;. Sixth Edition. Calf. Good/No d/w. 8vo.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Weathered Stone Books (IE)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- NAPOLEON IN EXILE OR A VOICE FROM ST. HELENA BEING THE OPINIONS & REFLECTIONS OF NAPOLEON ON THE MOST IMPORTANT EVENTS OF HIS LIFE & GOVERNMENT, IN HIS OWN WORDS
- O'MEARA, BARRY
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- No d/w
- Sixth Edition
- Jones And Co.
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Weathered Stone Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2018
Ask Seller a Question
About Weathered Stone Books
In operation since 1982 as The Winding Stair Bookshop, Dublin until 2005. Then in USA as Wandering Star Books an online bookseller also conducting appraisals for private collectors and institutions. Now back in Ireland and living in beautiful Sligo with views of the Atlantic and selling online.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former... [More]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created in the... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat the... [More]