NARRATIVE OF THE NORTH POLAR EXPEDITION. U.S. SHIP POLARIS, CAPTAIN CHARLES FRANCIS HALL COMMANDING
by Hall, Charles Francis
Standard Delivery: 2 to 4 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Narrative of Hall s third expedition (1871-73); includes an account of the survivors fate after the death of their commander, and their amazing ice floe journey from Smith Sound to the Labrador coast; "Edited under the Direction of the Hon. G. M. Robeson, Secretary of the Navy, by Rear-Admiral C. H. Davis... Appendix: Instructions of the National Academy of Sciences.-- Correspondence between the British Admiralty and the United States Navy Department in relation to the stores left by the Polaris expedition on the west coast of Greenland.-- Journals of Mr. H. C. Chester and Captain Geo. E. Tyson while on boat-journeys, June-July, 1872.-- Journals used in the preparation of the Narrative of the Polaris expedition." Good, tight reading copy.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Maggie Lambeth (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- NARRATIVE OF THE NORTH POLAR EXPEDITION. U.S. SHIP POLARIS, CAPTAIN CHARLES FRANCIS HALL COMMANDING
- Hall, Charles Francis
- Book condition
- Used - GOOD
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- Government Printing Office
- Place of Publication
- Wa. D.C.
- Date published
Terms of Sale
During the present time we are only shipping via USPS PRIORITY. This allows us to print shipping on-line from home. We still support 15 day return guarantee, if our books are not as described, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 15 days after delivery, notify us and return promptly with original packing. Thank you for your patience during this difficult time.
About the Seller
About Maggie Lambeth
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The lower most portion of the spine when the book is standing vertically.
- reading copy
- Indicates a book that is perfectly serviceable for reading. It may have a defect or damage. As such, reading copy is not...[more]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined...[more]
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]