Narratives of Empire Collection, Burr, Lincoln, 1876, Empire, Hollywood, Washington D. C., The Golden Age
by Gore Vidal
- A literary Collection or narrative work that is made up of seven distinct works. Published between 1967 and 2000/Good
Nashua, New Hampshire
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Narratives of Empire Collection: 7 Novels. Burr, Lincoln, 1876, Empire, Hollywood, Washington D. C., The Golden Age
A literary Collection or narrative work that is made up of seven distinct works. Published between 1967 and 2000, all 7 are historical novels which chronicle the dawn-to-decadence history of the American Empire. The narratives interweave the personal stories of two families with the personages and events of U.S. history.
Narratives of Empire Collection: 1. Burr, Random House,1973-- 2. Lincoln, Random House, 1984 -- 3. 1876, Random House, 1976-- 4. Empire, Random House, 1987-- 5. Hollywood 1990, Random House-- 6. Washington D. C. 1967 ,Little Brown and Co-- 7. The Golden Age, 2000, Doubleday.
The seven narratives of empire can be read in either historical or publication order without losing narrative intelligibility.
(New York Times Obit)
Gore Vidal, the elegant, acerbic all-around man of letters who presided with a certain relish over what he declared to be the end of American civilization, died on Tuesday at his home in the Hollywood Hills section of Los Angeles, where he moved in 2003 after years of living in Ravello, Italy. He was 86.
Perhaps without intending it, Mr. Vidal had set a pattern. In the years to come he found his greatest successes with historical novels, notably what became known as his American Chronicles: "Washington, D.C.," "Burr" (1973), "1876" (1976), "Lincoln" (1984), "Empire" (1987),"Hollywood" (1990) and "The Golden Age" (2000). He turned out to have a gift for this kind of writing. These novels were learned and scrupulously based on fact, but also witty and contemporary-feeling, full of gossip and shrewd asides. Harold Bloom wrote that Mr. Vidal's imagination of American politics "is so powerful as to compel awe."
1. Burr- ISBN# 0-394-48024-4, stated First Edition. Unclipped dj, price tag on front flap $8.95, back flap has blacked out date 1/74 changed to11/73. Book in Good Condition, text clean and bright, boards are clean and vibrant, slight pull of the spine at top, small ownership label at top of front, free end paper. DJ in tact, no tears, very little shelf wear, light soiling to top and bottom corners. Yellowing to top front. Both dj flaps have vertical line top to bottom, does not indent on reverse of flaps. Appears to be an intentionally indent line by the publisher, it is too synchronize to be damages.
2. Lincoln- ISBN# 0394528956 First Trade edition. Book in better than good condition, is square, solid, text and boards clean, no soiling, owners label or writing. DJ very good, some shelf wear top spine area, yellowing at top of dj. dj unclipped with $19.95 price front flap. Back flap has Printed in U.S.A. 6/84 Random House.
3. 1876, ISBN# 0394497503, Stated First Edition, first Printing, # Line 98765432. Book in very good condition, text bright and clean, boards vibrant with light indentation to front, not discolored, hardly visible. No soiling or writing, no owner's labels. DJ clean and bright, small, closed tear at top right front (did not repair), some light shelf wear at top and bottom.
4. Empire, ISBN#9780375708749. Stated First Random House Edition. Book in very good condition, square, tight, no corners bumped, text and boards are clean and vibrant. DJ in good condition clean with very little shelf wear. However there is some moisture damage, strictly discoloration to top spine and front cover at top. Did not affect boards, but visible on dj. dj unclipped with Printed in U.S.A. 6/87 Random House Inc.
5. Hollywood, ISBN# Stated First Edition, First Printing, #line 24689753. Book in very good condition, text clean and vibrant, boards good no soiling, very slight pulling of spine at top. DJ better than very good, very clean and vibrant, not clipped , front flap price of $19.95, back flap Printed in U.S.A. 2/90 Random House.
6. Washington D. C., LCCN # 67015707,Stated First Edition. SIGNED BY AUTHOR, Near Mint condition, book square and tight, no bumped corner, boards and text vibrant, no owner's labels or soiling. DJ Near Mint condition no tear or soiling, protected in Mylar. An exceptional copy.
7. The Golden Age, ISBN # 0385500750,Stated First Edition, First Printing, Printed in U.S.A. September 2000 with full # line 1-10. A Near Mint copy, very clean and tight, no soiling no markings, no owner's labels. DL better than very good, very slight shelf wear at bottom and top of spine and 1/4 in closed tear at top ( not repaired). An excellent copy.
Shipping for weight 15lbs.
If you need additional information please e-mail, or phone. I have a complete set of pictures for each individual books, if you want to see them let me know and I will e-mail them.
Extended Description and Notes
A great Collection of Gore Vidal Narrative of Empire Series. All in Good condition, Washington D.C. is Signed by the author. Mr. Gore left this earth in 2012 and is sorely missed. His opinions were always valued,(not always liked), by the politicians, he told it like it was.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- YJS BOXES OF BOOKS (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- biblio 663
- Narratives of Empire Collection, Burr, Lincoln, 1876, Empire, Hollywood, Washington D. C., The Golden Age
- Gore Vidal
- Book condition
- Used - A literary Collection or narrative work that is made up of seven distinct works. Published between 1967 and 2000
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- Narratives of Empire Collection: 7 Novels. Burr, Lincoln, 1876,
- Random House, LittleBrown and Co. Doubleday
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- FICTION / Historical; HISTORY / United States / General; Presidents & Polititians; Christmas Catalog;
Terms of Sale
YJS BOXES OF BOOKS
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About YJS BOXES OF BOOKS
If more information is needed about any of our books, please do not hesitate to call or e-mail. We will get back to you in a timely manner.
Terms of sale for YJS BOXES OF BOOKS
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives improperly or damaged.
YJS BOXES OF BOOKS specializes in Autobiographies and Biographies of the Rich and Famous, First and Signed First Editions, Historical: Non-Fiction and Fiction, People, Places and Things, Modern Mysteries and Thrillers, Rare and Vintage
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- near mint
- a synonym for Near Fine.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...[more]
- The portion of a book cover or cover jacket that folds into the book from front to back. The flap can contain biographical...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.