National Antarctic Expedition 1901-1904. Physical Observations With Discussions by Various Authors
by Scott, Robert F. L.C. Bernacchi; George Darwin; F.J. Selby, J. de Graaff Hunter; LW.P. Chetwynd
- Good + condition
Garrison, New York
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: Royal Society, 1908. Hardcover. Good + condition. Important Antarctic content which includes: I. Tidal Observations in the Antarctic Regions, 1902-1903 including Observations of the "Discovery" by George Darwin, and Observations of the "Scotia" by F. J. Selby, J. de Graaff Hunter, George Darwin. II. Pendulum Observations III. III. Earthquakes and other Earth Movements recorded in the Antarctic Regions, 1902-1903. IV. Antarctic Observations of Aurora, 1902-1903. V. Antarctic Magnetic Observations, 1902-1904 incl. Introductory Statement by L. C. Bernacchi; Reduction of the Absolute and Relative Observations by L.W.P. Chetwynd; Hourly Values of Declination, Horizontal Force... and Magnetic Observations of the "Scotia" 1902-1904. 4to, 192 pp, 21 plates (including beautiful ones of the aurora); 1 folding map. Some lithographic plates by Edward Wilson. Original red gilt publishers cloth spine head and tail chipped, spine cracked outside hinge.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Antipodean Books, Maps & Prints (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- National Antarctic Expedition 1901-1904. Physical Observations With Discussions by Various Authors
- Scott, Robert F. L.C. Bernacchi; George Darwin; F.J. Selby, J. de Graaff Hunter; LW.P. Chetwynd
- Book condition
- Used - Good + condition
- Quantity available
- Royal Society
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Antipodean Books, Maps & Prints
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 10 days after delivery if an item arrives mis-described or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2009
Garrison, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About Antipodean Books, Maps & Prints
Booksellers for over 40 years, members of prominent trade associations (ABAA, ILAB, ANZAAB, IMCOS, ANZMS, PBFA). We are located at Garrison NY, a stone's throw from the Metro North Hudson line train, just over 1 hr. from NYC on the banks of the Hudson River. Books, maps, prints & ephemera bought & sold.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- The heel of the spine.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.