National Portrait Gallery of Eminent Americans: Including Orators, Statesmen, Naval and Military Heroes, Jurists, Authors, Etc.
by Duyckinck, Evert A
- See description
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Alcuin Books, ABAA-ILAB (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- National Portrait Gallery of Eminent Americans: Including Orators, Statesmen, Naval and Military Heroes, Jurists, Authors, Etc.
- Duyckinck, Evert A
- Book Condition
- Quantity Available
- First Edition
- Johnson, Fry & Co
- Place of Publication
- New York; (1861)
- Statesman Naval and Military Heros Jurist Authors Alonzo Chappel
- Bookseller catalogs
- American History;
- May be a multi-volume set and require additional postage.
Terms of Sale
Alcuin Books, ABAA-ILAB
We accept Visa, MC, American Express and Discover. All books are carefully described and may be returned within ten day if the customer is not satisfied. Members ABAA, ILAB. Shipping is $5 for US orders based on books weighing 2 lbs. Worldwide shipping available.
About the Seller
About Alcuin Books, ABAA-ILAB
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- A decorative design or illustration placed at the beginning or end of a ...
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...
- Raised Band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created in the...
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the...