THE NATURAL HISTORY OF THE AGRICULTURAL ANT OF TEXAS- A MONGRAH OF THE HABITS, ARCHITECTURE, AND STRUCTURE OF POGONOMYRMEX BARBATUS
by McCOOK, HENRY CHRISTOPHER
- very good
- Very Good/No d/w
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Philadelphia: J.P. Lippincott, 1880. 311pp; With xxiv full page plates of line drawings to rear;Minor shelf wear to edges, corners bumped ; and head and tail of spine chipped; A label to front cover states "Lewis's Medical And Scientific Library" but no other stamps or labels inside; A tight and bright copy;. First Edition. Cloth. Very Good/No d/w. 8vo.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Weathered Stone Books (IE)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- THE NATURAL HISTORY OF THE AGRICULTURAL ANT OF TEXAS- A MONGRAH OF THE HABITS, ARCHITECTURE, AND STRUCTURE OF POGONOMYRMEX BARBATUS
- McCOOK, HENRY CHRISTOPHER
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- No d/w
- First Edition
- J.P. Lippincott
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Ants; Agricultural Ant Of Texas;
Terms of Sale
Weathered Stone Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2018
Ask Seller a Question
About Weathered Stone Books
In operation since 1982 as The Winding Stair Bookshop, Dublin until 2005. Then in USA as Wandering Star Books an online bookseller also conducting appraisals for private collectors and institutions. Now back in Ireland and living in beautiful Sligo with views of the Atlantic and selling online.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- The heel of the spine.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is... [More]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.