Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
First edition. Printed for Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, Paternoster-row, and N. Hailes, Piccadilly. 1819. 12mo. Half title, Engraved frontispiece by J. Shury. Title. (2), 151, (1 adverts) pp. Over 50 woodcuts. Full contemporary tree calf. Spine in six compartments divided by double gilt rules. Leather label, gilt lettering. All edges sprinkled red. Bettison's Cheltenham bookseller's plate to fep. Signed Ellen Mary and Sarah Maria Seton Karr to ffep. Short detachment of title and contents to upper edge. Offsetting from frontispiece to title. Upper joint cracking but firm. Rubbing and wear to extremities. Each volume complete in itself. Extremely rare. One copy recorded - in the British Library.John Shury Engraver and print maker (1788-)
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Natural History for Children. II Birds
- John Shury
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Printed for Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, Paternoster-row, and N. Hailes, Piccadilly
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Juvenile, Natural History, Ornithology, Illustrated, Children's
- Bookseller catalogs
- Natural HIstory; Tiny Treasures;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost.
Regrettably, European customers may find that there may be delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos. We regret that we cannot be responsible for taxes or duties imposed in the customer's country.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- half title
- The blank front page which appears just prior to the title page, and typically contains only the title of the book, although, at...[more]
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback....[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]