A naturalists wanderings in the Eastern Archipelago. A narrative of travel and exploration from 1878 to 1883
by Forbes, Henry O
- See item description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Standard Delivery: 8 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Harper & Brothers. New York. 1885. 8vo. xix, (1), 536, 4pp adverts. Coloured frontispiece of Mrs Forbes Honey Eater with tissue guard, 14 plates, numerous text illustrations including 1 map, 3 coloured folding maps, I coloured map, 1 monochrome map. Original pictorial cloth, gilt and black, slight wear to head of spine. Uniformly toned, a tight crisp copy. Orientalia booksellers plate, New York to rep. A nice copy.
Henry O Forbes (1851-1932) Scottish explorer, zoologist and botanist. Travels and observations in The Cocos-Keeling Islands, Java, Sumatra, Moluccas and Timor-Laut, Buru, Timor etc
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- A naturalists wanderings in the Eastern Archipelago. A narrative of travel and exploration from 1878 to 1883
- Forbes, Henry O
- Book condition
- Used - See item description
- Quantity available
- Harper & Brothers
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Travel, Natural History, Ornithology, Cocos-Keeling, Java, Sumatra, Moluccas, Timor, Buru
- Bookseller catalogs
- Travel and Exploration; Natural HIstory; The Middle East, India and Asia; Scottish Enlightenment Soillseachadh na h-Alba;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]