The Naval War of 1812 (Caxton Pictorial Histories series)
by GARDINER, Robert (editor)
- Near Fine in Near Fine dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: Caxton Publishing / The National Maritime Museum. Near Fine in Near Fine dust jacket. 2001. Hardcover. 1840673605 . A pictorial history of the War of 1812 from the perspective of both the Royal and U.S. Navies. Originally published in 1998 by Chatham publishing as part of their Chatham Pictorial Histories series, this 2001 later reprint by Caxton Publishing Group. With dozens of black & white illustrations, as well as additional maps, drawings and charts. The ships themselves are depicted on the water, cruising or in battle, as well as scehmatically. The editor drew on a number of other publications to describe the ships and battles; these sources are detailed near the front of the volume. The work is organized by the War on the High Seas, War on the Great Lakes and War on the Coasts, and chronologically in order of the battle sequences. --- In pictorial covers with wrap-around Nicholas Pocock watercolor "The Capture of the British Frigate Java by USS Constitution". Dust jacket repeats the Pocock painting. --- A clean, tightly-bound, bright copy lacking apparent damages. Price-clipped dust jacket also in excellent condition; protected in removable archival mylar protector.; Quarto - 11 to 13 in. tall; 192 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Naval War of 1812 (Caxton Pictorial Histories series)
- GARDINER, Robert (editor)
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine in Near Fine dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Caxton Publishing / The National Maritime Museum
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Military and Military Leaders; >>History;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the... [More]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]