Nelly's Silver Mine: A Story of Colorado Life
by JACKSON, Helen Hunt
- Good with no dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Boston: Little, Brown, and Company. Good with no dust jacket. 1937. Hardcover. Helen Hunt Jackson's semi-autobiographical novel is centered around young Nelly and friends and first appeared in 1878. This 1937 Little, Brown edition features 3 of the original 4 color plates with illustrations by Harriet Roosevelt Richards (the image of yodeling boy is missing), and endpapers illustrated in black & white. --- In black cloth-covered boards with that missing boy yodeler's illustration pasted to the cover. Gilt-stamped spine titling. --- A Good only copy: the leaves are quite soft and thus fragile, with tears to half title page. Back cover with soiling, and spine gilding has dulled, else a solid, intact copy.; Octavo (8 to 9 in. tall); (10), 332 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Nelly's Silver Mine: A Story of Colorado Life
- JACKSON, Helen Hunt
- Book condition
- Used - Good with no dust jacket
- Little, Brown, and Company
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet... [More]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- half title
- The blank front page which appears just prior to the title page, and typically contains only the title of the book, although, at... [More]