The New Encyclopedia of the American West
by LAMAR, Howard R. (editor)
- Near Fine in Near Fine dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New Haven: Yale University Press. Near Fine in Near Fine dust jacket. 1998. Hardcover. 0300070888 . First edition, first printing with full number line on copyright page. A comprehensive work, with thousands of alphabetically arranged entries on varied aspects of the West, including history, topography, famous people, places, events, articles, writers, gunslingers, outlaws, Indian tribes, mountain men, ghost towns, forts, missions; with cross-references and full index. With hundreds of maps and illustrations. --- A hefty volume, in black quarter cloth and orange paper-covered boards. Image of howling coyote on cover of jacket. --- A clean, bright, firm copy with faint soiling to lower textblock edge; else unmarked. Mylar-protected jacket w/slight rubbing. (NOTE: Due to the weight of this item, extra shipping charges may be requested.) ; 4to 11" - 13" tall; xv, 1324 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The New Encyclopedia of the American West
- LAMAR, Howard R. (editor)
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine in Near Fine dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Yale University Press
- Place of Publication
- New Haven
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>American History & Politics;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- number line
- A series of numbers appearing on the copyright page of a book, where the lowest number generally indicates the printing of that... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of... [More]