IN THE NEW HEBRIDES: Reminiscences of Missionary Life and Work, Especially on the Island of Aneityum, from 1850 till 1877
by Inglis, Rev. John, D.D. (1808-91)
- very good
- Very good
Covina, California, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Octavo: xvi, 352 p. with a map and a portrait plate. The erratum is tipped in before the rear flyleaf. Original blue cloth binding, with gilt titles and ruled borders. Faint label shadow to the front flyleaf, with some general dust staining to the top edge. The spine is lightly sun faded, with a bit of wear to the corners and tips and some minor spotting; otherwise very good.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Johnson Rare Books & Archives (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- IN THE NEW HEBRIDES: Reminiscences of Missionary Life and Work, Especially on the Island of Aneityum, from 1850 till 1877
- Inglis, Rev. John, D.D. (1808-91)
- Book Condition
- Used - Very good
- Quantity Available
- First Edition
- T. Nelson and Sons
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- South Pacific, New Hebrides Islands, Vanuatu, English Missionaries, Pacific Voyages, Imperialism
Terms of Sale
Johnson Rare Books & Archives
As proud members of the Antiquarian Booksellers' Association of America, we uphold our association's code of ethics. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, all items are returnable within ten days of delivery. Materials must be returned in the same condition as sent. If you have any questions or concerns, simply call us to discuss.
About the Seller
About Johnson Rare Books & Archives
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Tipped In
- Tipped In is used to describe something which has been glued into a book. Tipped-in items can include photos, book plates,...
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has been...
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
Join the Bibliophiles’ Club and start saving 10% on every book.
$29.95 / Year