Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1934. Hardcover. Very good. Small octavo, 294pp. Ex-library with the usual markings. Still an otherwise very good copy in the publisher's green cloth, with the spine sunned (as usual), lacking the dust jacket. Contents clean; a firm, crisp example.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Cleveland Book Company (US)
- Seller Inventory #
- New Paths in Book-Collecting
- CARTER, John (and others)
- Book condition
- Used - Very good
- Quantity available
- Charles Scribner's Sons
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Book collecting, Bibliophilia, Bibliomania
Terms of Sale
Cleveland Book Company
All books are returnable within ten days if returned in the same condition as sent. All books in my inventory are authenticated and described to the industry's highest standard of professionalism. Payment should accompany order if you are a new customer. Current customers will be invoiced with payment due in 30 days. Institutions billed per their requirements. ALL ITEMS SUBJECT TO PRIOR SALE. Books sent via US Postal Service unless other arrangements are requested. INTERNATIONAL PURCHASES WILL BE SHIPPED AT THE EXACT COST. NOTE: USPS NO LONGER SHIPS SURFACE MAIL TO OVERSEAS. Where possible, we will ship GLOBAL PRIORITY, minimum charge of $23.95, maximum weight 4 pounds. For packages over 4 pounds, you will be contacted with exact charges. Ohio residents please add 5.75% sales tax. We accept VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER, and AMERICAN EXPRESS.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2017
Ask Seller a Question
About Cleveland Book Company
As a small, independent bookseller in Cleveland, Ohio, I deal in general used, rare, and antiquarian books, autographs, manuscripts, pamphlets, and personal and family papers in all subjects. My family has been in the antiquarian book business since 1971. Are you moving, downsizing, or doing some spring cleaning? Did you inherit or otherwise come into some old books? Or, maybe you've collected modern novels from the last thirty or fifty years. No matter what kinds of books you have, we'd love to take a look at them! We travel throughout Ohio, western Pennsylvania and New York, southern Michigan, and eastern Indiana, and will travel farther in some cases to look at whole libraries or even just a few particularly interesting books. Give us a call at (216) 352-3940 and we can talk more about the kinds of books you have.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause...[more]
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]