Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Philadelphia and New York: J. B. Lippincott Co., 1961. 159pp. Marya Mannes text is sympathetic yet objective, with numerous photos of residential sections, parks, tenements, Broadway, The Village. Black cover in near fine condtion. Jacket has minor soil with chips and rubbing at edges. [loc=New York City). First Edition. Cloth. Very Good/Very Good. Illus. by Snitzer, Herb. 4to - over 9¾" - 12" tall.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- The Country Bookshop (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- NEW YORK I KNOW, THE
- Mannes, Marya
- Snitzer, Herb
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- Very Good
- First Edition
- J. B. Lippincott Co.
- Place of Publication
- Philadelphia and New York
- Date published
- New York City, Central Park, Park Avenue, photography, Manhattan
- 4to - over 9¾" - 12" tall
Terms of Sale
The Country Bookshop
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2011
Ask Seller a Question
About The Country Bookshop
60,000 books, old postcards, and assorted paper ephemera in an old house located in the rural town of Plainfield, VT. We have been in business since 1974. We're open 7 days a week from 10 until 5.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]