The New Yorker August 3, 1946 Golf at Noon: Season In the Sun
- See description
Humboldt, Tennessee, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New Yorker , 1946. soft. 8.5"" X 11"" . The New Yorker Magazine -ORIGINAL EDITION- Date: The New Yorker August 3, 1946 Size and Page Count: 8.5"" X 11"" Tall, approx. G0 pages Condition: Good - Cover Condition: Very Good wear on edges, along spine. Missing 1 page 11/12
Cover 'Golf at Noon' by Perry Barlow (1892-1977) Barlow did work for the New Yorker magazine from 1926 -1974, with 1,574 drawings and 135 covers. According to Barlow's obit in The New York Times (Dec. 27, 1977) William Shawn called him ""one of the gentlest and most humane of all comic artists...
Illustrations: Full color illustration on front back covers as well as many color and BW illustrations, many full page and smaller Cartoons inside magazine ----An excellent opportunity for the collector, researcher or historian---- This magazine is famous for it's cover art, cartoons focus on life in New York City.
Departments include: Goings On About Town,The Talk of the Town (notes and comments), The Art Galleries , Books, The Current Cinema, Of All Things, On and Off the Avenue:Feminine Fashions, A Reporter at Large, The Theatre,
Of All Things Column - (These are humorous 2 sentence current event footnotes.),
- Books Railroad Electro-Motive Division of GM
- Full Color Ad Grace Line Travel
- Full Color Ad The Old Moxie by Roger Angell -baseball and women
- -First Printing Season In the Sun -
- The Celebrity by Wolcott Gibbs -First Printing
- Profiles A Glimpse of Heaven -II - about Charles Prendergast brother of Maurice Prendergast post-impressionist painters by Hamilton Basso
- The Strange Love of Martha Ivers -
- Till the End of Time -
- They Were Sisters -
- Courage of Lassie -
- Night and Day Pillar of Salt by Donald M. Berwick Race Track The Wayward Press - And the Sund Stood Still by A.J.Liebling
- Kodak Full Page Color Ad
- Don Q Full Page Color Ad
- No More Information, Please by E.J.Kahn,Jr.
- Letter From Paris July 25 wireless Paris-So fia World War II
- Ford Full Page Color Ad
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- The Franklin Bookstore (US)
- Seller's Inventory #
- The New Yorker August 3, 1946 Golf at Noon
- Book Condition
- Quantity Available
- New Yorker
- Date Published
- 8.5"" X 11""
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
The Franklin Bookstore
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About The Franklin Bookstore
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...