NEWS FROM THE SOUTHERN OCEAN. . . PARTICULARS OF WHAT HAPPENED ON BOARD THE SNOW ELINORA, WHILE AT THE SANDWICH ISLANDS. IN: [THE] COLUMBIAN CENTINEL
- See description
New Castle, Delaware, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The editor prefaces the account as follows:
"An account of an event which last year happened at one of the Sandwich Islands, in which the Commander and crew of an American vessel were the actors, it is probable will be variously related; The EDITOR of the CENTINEL having been furnished by a correspondent, with the following particulars, lays them before the publick. - In common with all the friends of humanity, he laments the carnage which the account describes."
Forbes, Hawaiian National Bibliography 1780-1900, 215, records two institutional holdings (American Antiquarian Society, and Boston Athenaeum), and in photocopy, only, in Hawaii. (see attached).
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Oak Knoll Books/Oak Knoll Press (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- NEWS FROM THE SOUTHERN OCEAN. . . PARTICULARS OF WHAT HAPPENED ON BOARD THE SNOW ELINORA, WHILE AT THE SANDWICH ISLANDS. IN: [THE] COLUMBIAN CENTINEL
- Olowalu Massacre
- Book Condition
- Quantity Available
- Printed and Published by Benjamin Russell, in State-Street, Boston, Wednesday, November 30, 1791
- Place of Publication
- Boston, MA
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Oak Knoll Books/Oak Knoll Press
All items are offered subject to prior sale. We accept payment with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, wire transfers in US$, personal or business checks if in US$ drawn on a US bank, and PayPal to email@example.com. Invoices and shipments are processed and shipped within 5 business days (excluding weekends and holidays.) Orders in the USA are normally shipped using the US Post office. Other services such as UPS, air mail through the US Post Office and FedEx are available upon request. Foreign shipments are sent via USPS International Mail (either USPS First Class International Mail or USPS Priority International Mail, depending on package weight). In the US, please include US $7.50 for first volume and US $1.00 each additional volume. If ordering outside the US, postage is $30.00 for a single volume unless the book is very large. Postage for heavy books and larger quantities is based on weight. Books are returnable within two weeks. Please notify us before returning a book. Thank you.
About the Seller
About Oak Knoll Books/Oak Knoll Press
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A folio usually indicates a large book size of 15" in height or larger when used in the context of a book description. Further,...
- The paper covering on the outside of a paperback. Also see the entry for pictorial wraps, color illustrated coverings for...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...