Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Andover, Mass: The Andover Press, 1929. First Edition. Cloth. Very good. First edition. 8vo; 167pp; gilt stamped green cloth over board with title and author to front cover; black and white illustrations; ½" split to cloth in front cover gutter, book lightly cocked forward, light foxing to fly pages; very good. Interesting recollections and musings about the author's ninety years on the Isles of Shoals. The islands span the border of New Hampshire and Maine. The author moved to them when he was 3 months old and his father took up a lighthouse keeper position.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Sandra L Hoekstra Bookseller (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Ninety Years at the Isles of Shoals
- LAIGHTON, Oscar
- Book condition
- Used - Very good
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- The Andover Press
- Place of Publication
- Andover, Mass
- Date published
- Maine author, Autobiography, History, New England, Maine, New Hampshire
Terms of Sale
Sandra L Hoekstra Bookseller
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2019
Ask Seller a Question
About Sandra L Hoekstra Bookseller
We are a small shop located on U.S. Rte 1 in mid-coast Maine, open two days a week and by appointment. You can also find us at book shows. We sell antiquarian, collectible, out-of-print, and rare, books, maps, prints and interesting ephemera. Watch our facebook page for updates on hours and closures.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The inside margin of a book, connecting the pages to the joints near the binding.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- Refers to a state where the spine of a book is lightly "twisted" in such a way that the front and rear boards of a book do not...[more]