Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Boston: Beacon Press 1930. Hardcover. 8vo. Green cloth. First edition. With loosely inserted photo of the author. Spine sunned and sloped, some rubbing to cloth. Numerous news clippings pasted to endpapers, contemporary handwritten letter tipped in. Some tanning to pages. Overall, sound. Good. . Good. Hardcover .
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
Brattle Book Shop
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives not as described.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2006
Ask Seller a Question
About Brattle Book Shop
We have over 150,000 books in all subjects housed in our three story building.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- tipped in
- Tipped In is used to describe something which has been glued into a book. Tipped-in items can include photos, book plates,...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]